Eye-Opening Perspectives for Heroic Hearts

Eye-Opening Perspectives for Heroic Hearts

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beebe Ark's Dead Birds Are Manna From Heaven Says Arkansas Preacher

Don't Look A Gift-Bird In the Mouth

By Winsip Custer CPW News Service
When hundreds of red winged black birds fell from the skies near Beebe, Arkansas, Reverend Jimmy John Hill of the Ozark Holiness Church said "everyone thought the end was near.  I had to slap a few of my parishioners silly.  My associate pastor who is just now learning the importance of faith in handling Cotton Mouths and Copperheads was headed for real trouble.  I was out of town when he was holding services to turn back the bird bombing.  I came home as quick as I could and thank God I did.   A few more minutes and Homer would have been swelled up like road kill in July and with more holes than a pin cushion."

Rev. Hill informed us that it has never been unusual for his flock to feast on birds, catching them on window sills and porches with baited rat traps,  but he believes that until the economy turns around God is helping out people who are too faithless to see the meat right there in front of them.  "It's manna from heaven," said Rev. Hill.  "Most of the time we just pluck 'em, throw them on the fire and slap on some sauce."

No comments:

Post a Comment