Eye-Opening Perspectives for Heroic Hearts

Eye-Opening Perspectives for Heroic Hearts

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

French Riot Over Retirement Age

"Bring Back Bastille Day!" say French
Bedebedoe Drops Retirement Age from
40 to 37

10.20.2010 by Winsip Custer CPW News Service

The Germans have accommodated to their multi-cultural society and increasing demands on their monetary system by changing the retirement to age 70.  That influenced German Chancellor Angela Merkel to decry the failed multi-cultural system of Germany.  The French will have no part of it with the sweeping changes of a two year extension from 60 to 62 years.

Meanwhile, the small island nation between Pago Pago and Bikini, Bedebedoe, has reduced its retirement age from 40 to 37.

"We have more important things to do than to waste our days on things that are unimportant," said Bedebedoean, Roxwell Zeletian.  

I asked Mr. Zeletian how his small island nation was able to do this.  "Well, Alvin Toffler could answer that question for you.  We invited him here and that was just before he was to publish his book The Third Wave.  We told him that we had already gone through the Third Wave and were now on the Fourth Wave."

"The Fourth Wave?" I asked. 

"Yes, the first was from hunter-gathers to agrarian society.  The second was from agrarian to industrial society.  The third was from industrial society to information-based and knowledge-based society and the fourth is from info-knowledge to sustainability.  Sustainability is the apex of the wave system.  It is so simple that any ten year old surfer can tell you the essentials of it," said Zeletian.

"And what are the essentials?" I asked.

"To catch an endless wave.  That is sustainability.  It really doesn't matter much what the specifics look like so long as the long ride is sustainable and any surfer will tell you that riding the wave requires a set of skill and balance that can be directly applied to all aspects of life.  Industry, farming, medicine, you name it."

I ended my visit to Bedebedo with Mr. Zeletian and about thirty of his friends singing the Bedebedoean National Anthem while we drank their favorite beer...Klaatu Barata Beer which Mr. Zeletian began brewing just after the Bikini atomic bomb experiments of the 1940's from Coconut juice and a small island hops that I have never seen.  I print here the words to their beloved Bedebedoean National Anthem.   "Did you write the anthem?" I asked Mr. Zeletian.   Yes, but I owe the inspiration to Kurt Vonegut who said 'Human beings will be happier - not when they cure cancer or get to Mars or eliminate racial prejudice or flush Lake Erie but when they find ways to inhabit primitive communities again. That's my utopia.'  With those words in mind I think I created a very fine beer drinking national anthem that brings tears to our Bedebedoean eyes," said Zeletian.

Badebedoe
by
Roxwell Zeletian

Badebedoe
Badebedoe
It’s there I really want to go.
Badebedoe
Badebedoe
All I know is I gotta go.

It’s not in Spain.
It’s not in France.
It’s not near Rome, Berlin or Dansk.
It’s not near any place you’ve been.
Or hope that you could find again.

It’s not too far.
It’s not too near.
In fact, you can’t get there from here.
But this I know, oh, this I know.
I gotta’ go to Badebedoe.

It never rains
But waters flow, from fountains in Badebedoe.
It’s not too bright and not too low, the sun’s just right.
In Badebedoe

They know your name wherever you go…
It’s a lovely place…Badebedoe.
Where milk and love and honey flow.
Before I die I wanna’ go
Wanna’ go to Badebedoe.
(used by permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment